Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yaar main India chala...

Finally, its time to go back home. In about 14 hours, my flight will start the journey to the place that still feels home. Its been a long wait but it all seems worth it at this moment. I am not sure what awaits me there or how it would feel going back after this long time, but this is the journey I have been waiting for...

Ok, now lets move on to the fun part. Here is a whiff of my NRI imagination gone wild...

Scenario No.1 - DDLJ ishtlye homecoming...


Girls in colorful clothes running and dancing in sarson ke khet, flying their dupattas singing "Ghar aaja pardesi, tera des bulaye re...". Some of the girls hanging in jhoolas under the tree singing, "O baaghon main jhoolon ke mausam waapis aaye re..."

Ok, there is one big flaw in this scenario, am not going to Punjab and only way Delhi girls can dance in "sarson ke khet" is if its a name of some dance club, where they won't be wearing dupattas anyways.

Scenario No. 2 - KKKG ishtyle homecoming...


My plane lands at Indira Gandhi airport. I come out wearing black overcoat running towards a waiting helicopter with a bag in my hand. My parents instead of coming to pick me up have decided to sing and dance while doing puja at my Noida palace (errr...apartment). My helicopter lands and I start running towards my home...

The biggest flaw in this scenario is the helicopter. I think it will take all my bank balance to hire one and the other obvious flaw is that there is no space to walk in Delhi forget about landing a helicopter unless malls in Noida now comes with a courtesy helipad.

Scenario No. 3 - Swades ishtyle homecoming...


The haunting music of Swades is playing in my ipod. I am sitting at the window seat of Air India...err...Air China. I have almost finished my supper. I pull back my seat, close my eyes and start imagining the first meet with family and friends. The captain comes on the speaker and informs that we will be landing on time at 1:45 am. I look outside the window and see some blinking lights. I come off the flight, try to argue with Immigration that haven't bought any new electronics, see my parents waving from outside, hug them, put the luggage in the car and leave for my home.

There is no flaw in this scenario and can imagine my homecoming already...

I am excited, anxious, happy and so much more to come home after such a long time. I can't wait to meet my family, old friends, some new friends who I haven't met in person but who are as dear to me. Let the journey begin...

PS: Happy Birthday to Anks. Your Birthday is really a lucky and happy day for me :-)

PPS: Belated Birthday to Preeti (Hyderabad waali). I hope to meet you on this trip :D

PPS: Moral of the post: Whatever the scenario, I am no less that SRK :P

22 Comments:

Blogger B said...

hey ricky, how ru?
I felt the same kinda feelings when last week I boarded the air india to come back home.....

its sweet here :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger MoonStruck Tempest said...

heyyyyy very entertaining post...
u deserve the Swades style homecoming...its perfect...hehe...
well it will be a great trip...look after urself n eat well (bet i dont need to say that twice!)
be safe...
take care
~Shama

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home.

You know what I have another filmy scenario :P ;)

The scene is I will be standing on the terrace to wave you but you don't throw flower like in Chandani :P :D

I hope you would not go to Banglore otherwise there would be Aloo Paratha contest among the kuris that's too all in polka doted - from outfit to dishes and of course the shoes to tie he he he he :D.

I think Prito does know about it. I go and inform her.... Bachke rahena re baba bachke rahena re........

:) J

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to India...Happy homecoming & nothing better than the bollywood ishstyle...stay well!

3:59 AM  
Blogger rayshma said...

lol! have fun! :)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Anks said...

Hi... first of all, thanks for the bday wishes

and second of all, WELCOME HOME!!!!

Waise, the swades style homecoming means meeting Gayatri Joshi type kudi in India.... hmmm, not bad I would say...

Hope u gorge on all the aloo ka parathas and gajar ka halwa that aunty makes for you! :)

Enjoy your trip loads and give us a lowdown on it whenever you can!

lol@ srk...!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Reema said...

.. aap India pohanch gaye! :D

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he...i hope u get the swades style homecoming...i never knew ke planes ke bhi china make hote hai..kidding...hope u enjoy ur trip n have a gud time in india ..pinks

11:58 PM  
Blogger Moonie said...

arre wah! Welcome to desh Ricky!! is Bangalore on your itinerary?

1:09 AM  
Blogger Kevin Blight said...

Hmmm...!!! Homecoming! There can be another scenario where trumpets will be blown when you step out of the plane and an 'aarti ki thali' with 'besan ka laddoo' waiting for you, desi ishtyle :D Kahani filmy hai mere bhai!
Happy homecoming to you man!

5:52 AM  
Blogger hope said...

appy appy lohri ji.. hope you had loads of fun.. and search is going on ;)

*smiles*

8:43 PM  
Blogger Moonie said...

apane SRK duplicate, kaisa haal hai swadesh mein?? ek post uska bhi likho!

10:00 PM  
Blogger ..:: J ::.. said...

back to india must be a good feeling, it sure was for me :) just passing through... and im back to blogging!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ricky,
Thats great news....
So, welcome back to India..and I hope you will find Noida in very new avataar...hehehe
Crowded with people and buildings :(

Take care
Mona

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the Lohri?

Hope you are enjoying holidays a lot

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLZ.. :D Iloved this fun-filled whackyy post..
n btw, i guess your first scenario can be easily fulfilled now - you will be going to Punjab na..:)

and i loved the moral ;) awesome!!!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oye Ricky, tussi India jaake toh hum sab ko bhul hi gaya.

BTY, how are you doing? How the Party Sharty is going on?

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back :)

Now we want your post Yaar main wapas ayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that too with full of stories and updates :)

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update! update!!!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Moonie said...

trip kaisa ja raha hai ricky?? I hope you are having a gr8 time in desh!
Ek aadh post to karo :) or maybe no, ENJOY !!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Chandu said...

alo bhai.. I forogt that one of your mails carried your mobile number!Couldnot talk to you!will catch ya next time! (hopefully soon). Preeti and I planned few things for ya... but u cheemch to be too buzzy

7:10 AM  
Blogger hope said...

Badle.. badle se andaaz nazar aate hai.. India kya gaye janab.. mizaaz hi badal gaye..

Hello!! wake up.. holidays over.. kya hua.. if you thinking what to write.. then mei hoo na :P

dekho dekho..
*smiles*

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home