Sunday, April 22, 2007

Let the 'miles' roll...

Every good things must come to an end. This is the end of my Victorian era. Victoria, the city where I have spend more time than any other city in the world, the city which is regarded as the most beautiful in North America, the city that made me the person I am today, the city where I started blogging and made friends for life or the city of newly weds or nearly deads (as the brochures for the city says). This city has given me too much to be described in words. Its time to move on but Victoria will remain in my heart forever. I will end my last blog from this city with some of my most memorable memories...



This is where Canada starts...


And this is how you reach the beautiful Vancouver Islands. Ironically, Vancouver is not part of Vancouver Islands, which really confused me the first time I came here.


The Parliament Building of Victoria, one of the most beautiful buildings that define the city.


The Empress, this is where the Queen of England stays whenever she visits Victoria. Seeing her convoy past by me was one of the highlights of my stay.


One of the most beautiful setting for the weekly Sunday market in summer. I have spend almost my every Sunday of numerous summers in these bylanes...


My favorite pub, The Irish Pub, right besides the Sunday market...err....this was not the only reason for me visiting the market every Sunday :P


And then there were the beautiful girls of Victoria in the market...err...this was also not the second to only reason for me going to the market :P

I used to bike to this beautiful "Swan lake" and feed the ducks, when I first moved to the city...



The Engineering Buildings of University of Victoria, where I spend last 5 years of my life working on my second degree which will define my future life...


One of my favourite shot taken from sixth floor of the Engineering building.



This year the theme of the city is my favorite flowers, tulips, with purple being my favourite ones among all...


The Sikh Temple of Victoria, the only place where I would feel at-home and at-peace...



Picture perfect sunset at the "Breakwater". Ah, I will miss you Victoria (and by that I mean the city as well **wink**)


Note: I will be away for a while, till I settle down in a new city, new job, new life, but you all will see me around in your spaces with my comments on anything and everything. So long...

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pics...Victoria thru Hicky's eyes.

You've been really really lucky to stay in such a Beautiful place.

Time to move on...for greener pastures...Waheguru's Blessings always with you Buddy....n then ONE FINE DAY u'll come back to Vic with Victoria n pappu & bunty :p

All the very best...Take Care...Keep us updated.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Urvi said...

Beautiful pics!!

Best wishes to you ricky.. have a gr8 future ahead.

Take care.. nd come back soon... :)

3:08 AM  
Blogger Marlee said...

Cheeky u, to say the least! :-p

But hey, lovely pics...lovlier memories which leads u to a better future. Ur lucky to have lived there...never told u but one of (inumerous!) crushes migrated to Vancouver ;-) See ur luckier than me?!

Who's Wictoria?! Bhabi?! :-p

9:05 AM  
Blogger Fursat said...

Hey ricky....lovely pics...

i loved last one...just awesome..

i knw it must be tough for you to leave city...but take all lovely moments with you..

take care... :)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

awww! brilliant post, this is amazing way to end ur stay.. all the beautiful memories have been written down :)

its a stunning place, i really hafta visit one day! ohh n yeshh, it was nice to kno all ur *ahem* reasons for loving Victoria :p

no worries, i am postive ur gonna have a great time there as well!! Insha'Allah! soo, better be all set for it.. :)

n i looved the purple flowers!! :D

9:47 AM  
Blogger MoonStruck Tempest said...

some stay this has been, eh?? well, all the besties for the move...
shall catch up with you real soon...
take care
cheeeeeeerio for now :D

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ricky,
Good luck on your new course/job/city/life! :D your tomatoes will be sorely missed... awaiting the next tomato..
Cheers and Energies
Moonie

7:11 PM  
Blogger Colors said...

I feel so sad for you...its a really beautiful place and is in the top of my places-to-visit list. I just hope I get to come there in June...lets see.

But, change is what makes the world go round..and change is good. I hope the future holds wonderful things in store for you. Wish you the very best for all ur future endeavors.

Wish you a smooth move

Great pics!

7:55 PM  
Blogger The Bhandari's said...

:) hey just got to know from ur blog only that u leaving the beautiful place...really awesome pics.
Our best wishes always with you, once u settle down with ur new city n new job do let us know where are you..
best wishes
Preeti n Sachin

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture.

And what to say..... Jeewan chalne ka naam.....

Wish you all the best. See ya.

:) Juneli

11:17 PM  
Blogger Riddhi said...

arrey, mere yaar...not to worry...we'll go back on a vacation, ok?! we got to plan that out...:D
lovely photographs...are all of them taken by you?!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics...all the best for the future :)

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it must be heartening to leave such a beuatiful city bhai.. but life moves on..wish u are moving to a better places with... better jobs, better people, better food... better babes ;) all the best

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the best Rickky...am sure u ll rock whereever u ll go...

Best wishes-
Sonali....:)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Nupur said...

Ricky mate! Hope you are settling well into your new home..... the pics are lovely and Jeff and I agree that its definately going up in our must see places. :D

Take care.... {BIG HUG}
Nupur

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I accepted your Tag. I'm not lazy like you :P

http://juneli.wordpress.com/2007/05/01/geet-mere-hontho-ko-de-gaya-koi/#more-138

1:57 AM  
Blogger Fuzzylogic said...

I have always heard about how beautiful BC really is and from your pics itself I can understand how amazing the place is. I'm sure you are taking in with you all the wonderful memories of your stay in beautiful Victoria. By the way where is your next destination Ricky?I do wish you all success in your move as well as your future and I do hope you come back soon. Take care my friend.

1:10 PM  
Blogger sadikbhimani said...

Hi ricky... don't really know what's going on with u... just wish u All d best with everything... :) bye bro

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyyyy rikkkyyy..

post post...something short n sweet...!!!

-sona

2:14 AM  
Blogger B said...

hey ricky which camera do u use? the pics r awesome! :) - girl

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move Ricky! Nothing is permanent in this world but change. Hope all change if for the better for you. As many have said, Victoria is also on my list of places to visit! Good luck with your new place! Let me know where :-)

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missing you.

Hope you will come back soon.

Juneli

10:21 PM  
Blogger Fuzzylogic said...

Hey Ricky!Just checking in on you to see how you are faring with settling in a new place. Are you still in Canada?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Urvi said...

Howz u....??
Hope everythng is fine at ur end..
njoyin new place....

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home