Monday, July 09, 2007

...and so they did

Its been almost two and a half months since I wrote something. It took me this long to get settled in a new city, new life and figure out few priorities of my life. Today, as I look out of my rain dripped window, things couldn't look more clear in my life. The long journey away from home looks worth it, even though I am still longing for my dilli-ke-baarish.


Victoria was my home for six years, more time than any other city, I have lived so far. It felt like home but it was time to move on. Infact, since past 2 years I was feeling the urge to get out of the island. Maybe, because of my Army background this urge will remain with me and Thank God for that. The move was tiresome to say the least with all the packing, shipping and traveling. But who's complaining ;-)


At first, I didn't liked Edmonton at all. It had bad roads, bad weather, but it had my brother which made everything look worth-it at the end of the day. We both may be very different in some respects but we get along like best friends, esp. when our parents are not around (when they are around, we fight like crazy). The best thing about us is that we enjoy same type of movies, watch same type of sports and love to eat same kind of food (except I do all the "good" cooking...lol).


First week was pretty relaxing and we took our time to settle into our new apartment, which btw rocks and is an ultimate bachelor's pad to chill out. I met his friends, we went to play tennis every evening, watched movies together, went to Gurudware every Sunday and played poker on weekends with friends.

Then, started my journey of finding a job in this new city. I must have applied for atleast 200+ jobs and got interview calls from about 10% of those (which is not bad considering its not easy to get even an interview out here). I gave one interview after another, getting better with every one of them, making mistakes on the way and correcting them. It was an experience in itself but totally worth it because it landed me the job eventually, in a company, that I see myself growing into.

Today, when my job is confirmed for long-term, I feel relieved, relieved enough to have the urge to write again. The tension of looking for job and settling into a new place was too much for me to write anything. I am looking forward to my future (except the winter which can go down to minus 40...brrrrrr).

This blogspace in the past has given me a lot and I am ready to give my tiny bits to it in my present and future.

Warning: Be afraid, be very afraid...I am back ;-)

20 Comments:

Blogger Ekta said...

Main aa gaye!!!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

*doing my lil balle balle jig* :D

soooooooooooooooooo happy for you Ricks....what next??? Sohni Kudi?!?!?!

Looking forward to loads of posts n pics here....Welcome back the more relaxed & chilled out bachelor!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

tell me more about the 2nd & 3rd pic.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Reema said...

yeayyy!! u dun kno how niice it was to read ur post! me is veryy veryy happy :D
glad ur all settled.. n gladder that 17 (now 18 :p) tomatoes is back n kicking.. post more, ur fans are waiting ;)

11:47 PM  
Blogger faith said...

uiiiiiiii

mei darr gayi... darr gayi..
.........inna sara :P...............

hehe.. wc champ! nice post..

keep rocking..

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back! Good to see that you are all settled in now....really nice pics! have fun!

10:01 AM  
Blogger MoonStruck Tempest said...

Awesomeness!!! Great to hear from you again...
Well I completely understand when you say...The tension of looking for job and settling into a new place was too much for me to write anything....
I myself am going through a similar phase but for me things are far from settled. Keep me in your prayers.
Welcome back!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Marlee said...

Welcome back Ricky :)
Congrats again, for the job...now that u put it like that, it must have been a tough time...but now u have a job along with a hot eye candy! :-D

Good cooking...sounds good! ;)

Tk Cr...off to work...

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad u r settled and here's wishing u Godspeed on ur forthcoming plans!!!
I too am very close to my sister...we love each other! :)
And "Maybe, because of my Army background this urge will remain with me and Thank God for that" I am sure all Army kids are thankful for that...right?
~~~~Aindrila

10:00 PM  
Blogger Fuzzylogic said...

Glad to have you back here Ricky and congrats on the new job!It's great that you have your bro there. I think we realize how good it feels to have a sibling around after leaving home. Don't worry about the winter atleast not yet,enjoy the gorgeous summer!And now get the posts coming. Missed them!time to fry those seventeen tomatoes again:)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Modish Moodishta said...

man i have to say: your looong post, complete with pictures and patiently written descriptions, like quick charcoal sketches... loved it. and its nice to hear that you have settled down n adjusted. you have areally optimistic attitude ...post some more pictures na...:)
payal

10:19 PM  
Blogger Moonie said...

happy to see you back Ricky! :D and accept my congratulations on long term assignment too. The journey has begun?

10:17 AM  
Blogger fursat said...

mehak - Good to see you back :-)

Oye hoye, **returning the balle balle jig**

I am happy too :-)...ummm kudiyan toh hamesha hee sohni hoti hain yaar...lol.

Yea, I am ready to post and read your comments :D

Second picture is of drizzling Victoria and third one is of cloudy Edmonton :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

reema - Its so good to see you here Reema :-) I am happy to see you happy :D Thanks for being there and thanks for waiting my pankha...lol

faith - Oay darpoknee...lol

Thank You for being here faithz...

anz - Thanks Anz!! You too keep rocking and blogging.

1:27 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

moonstruck - Good to see you here. Yea, we were in a same boat at that time. You are always in my thoughts and Thank You.

marlee - Thanks Marlee!! Ha ha, look who is talking.

Good cooking but you know who not to tell about that...lol

aindrila - Thanks Aindrila!! Yea, that urge will remain and God Bless your love for your sister :-)

1:31 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

fuzzylogic - Thanks Fuzzy!! Yea, I agree with you on that. So, when will Ina able to say that...he he, just kidding :P

Oh God, is this summer?? I mean, seventeen tomatoes are boiling here rather than frying...lol

payal - The way you described my post, makes it feel so special. I will post the pictures as they come and its so good to see you here :-)

moonie - Thanks Moonie!! Yes, another journey, another pathway, another destination...

1:36 PM  
Blogger Colors said...

Congratulations!..and we r all celebrating :):)
Welcome back!!! Great to see u return to fill the hole u created :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

colors - Thank You jee for such a warm welcome. Kuch zayada hee senti dialouge maar deeya...lol

10:56 PM  
Blogger Riddhi said...

aaye haye...i was waiting for this day for so long ji...
vannakam back to blogger world...waise i've also been out of touch with blogging...i'll also spring right into action upon my return to canada ji...

9:05 AM  
Blogger fursat said...

riddhi - Chalo, koi toh humara intezar kar raha tha ;)

Nanedri jee. Jalsi aao Canada phir and update :-)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home