Friday, September 07, 2007

May the best man win...

I have been hooked to Indian Idol this year, unlike any other reality show. There have been some great and some not-so-great moments this year but its amazing how we all got emotionally attached to the contestants. Its very hard to keep an open perspective when you get emotionally attached to some contestant for one reason or another. There were some amazing contestants this year although there was one kid who was the most different and likable of all, Meiyang Chang. An oriental guy from Dhanbad, Jharkhand, who got famous for being a great-grandson of Chinese immigrants and yet more Indian than anyone else.


He brought that something different to this show with his beautiful soft voice. As a blogger it felt good to know that he was also an avid blogger, who made it big. There were some other amazing contestants like the confident 17-year old girl from Kanpur, Ankita, beautiful and simple girl from Dehradoon, Charu, an amazing singer from Patna with an ambition of being a RJ, Deepali, girl's favorite punjabi munda, Parleen, the girl with husky voice, Puja and many more. Also, loved the smart comments from new Judge, Javed Akhtar, although hated another new judge, Udit Narayan, who was good for nothing but still less annoying than Anu Malik and Alisha Chinoy.

It is now left to last three contestants, the guy with "cute" factor according to Girls, Emon, the boy with most mature voice, Amit and the dark horse, Prashant.


My favorite in every which way is Amit Paul (and it is nothing to do with the fact that he is from Shillong, were I spent few of my growing years) although this year I won't mind any one of the three winning. Yes, you heard me right. I won't mind even if Prashant wins because even though he is being ignored by blog and print media, he represents people who may not be literate enough to write but know the power of voting. Its a fact of Indian democracy that while middle and upper-middle class talk, its the lower-middle class that votes. Prashant may not be the best singer or best performer or the best personality but he holds the hope for millions of Indians who are underdogs and never got the chance to stand up to affluent-mall-hopping Indians. Having said that, Amit is still my favorite because he doesn't only look like a great singer/performer in making but also a nice guy.

I cannot finish this post without mentioning one name, Emon, because there is a good chance that someone can hurt me if I don't (Read 'someone' as Reema or Arpita). He may have his ups and downs but he was the one with best sense of humor and jolly nature. He is no wonder a star-to-be but his chances of winning or even coming as top-two is low because of the surging popularity of Prashant and Amit. Amazingly, all three contestants are from eastern part of the country.

Unlike last year, am not promoting anyone (yea, like the one I promoted last year, won...lol) this year but may the best man win...

31 Comments:

Blogger The Bhandari's said...

It's me first this time :)

2:19 AM  
Blogger The Bhandari's said...

yup me too hooked to indian idol tis time and really this time there are wonderful singers, I felt bad when Chang left , I was fan of his hindi and prounciation and they way he carried himself.... now the people who are in top three actually deserve to be in top three and who ever wins I still feel all three are winner although I'll me more happy if Prashant and Amit Paul makes to top two and any one of them wins but Yes must say Amit Paul is really a very good singer and find of indian idol

2:21 AM  
Blogger ektaran said...

Hey even I am hooked to Idol 3.....Chang was my fav from the starting...very impressive person....very talented...with a 'very' sweet voice...& amazing prounciation...

Next fav has been Amit Paul...very versatile...but he's best with romantic numbers...

Thanks soooo sooo much for sharing Chang's blog url....my God...I am already in love with his blog :p ...his travel tales n desc....

10:55 AM  
Blogger The Bhandari's said...

okie the result is out and top two are Amit and Prashant....
Liked no loved the last performance of Emon and he is second person after Deepali who has not cried on sets and exited with great honor... loved it
Okie now there is no doubt Next Indian Idol is Amit

1:46 PM  
Blogger hope said...

:(:(

:) hum kuch nahi bolenge..

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno..never saw indian idol..par now i feel like watching :P

11:08 PM  
Blogger Reema said...

oyee, i never knew this piece was written! u shud'v warned me.. :p soo much i cud relate to.. lol!

there's no point going into how sad i am.. cuz Emon made a brilliant exit, not really as childish as he was proclaimed to be.. (sab kee bolti band kardi ussne :D) but i had other favourite's too u kno!!

Chang i loved for the emtional touch in his voice.. n such clarity in his words!
Ankita im sorry i cudnt stand, except for the her last 2 gala's! Parleen ofcourse had the added advantage of being the best looking of the lot.. :p n Deepali's was genuinely a voice to die for!

Amit kee toh itnii taareef hochukki hai.. n he's been compared to such big stars, all true that is for sure! i wont say i hope he wins.. cuz Prashant truly is the dark horse.. n has improved the most through out the gala's!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

but im still disappointed.. cuz there were a couple of other voices that would've done justice to being in the top 5.. however, im sure most of these deserving ppl will make it reallyy big in the music world! gonna be waiting to hear them release good music soon.. :)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

haha.. full thesis likh diya meyne toh! im glad u mentioned Emon btw, u definately wud've been beaten up otherwise ;)

12:27 AM  
Blogger The Bhandari's said...

I totally agree with Reema for whatever she has written and totally true for me that I also cudn't stand Ankita, for me she was good performer but as a singer she was even below average but she got so much appreciation from judges I felt they are totally being biased, her only performance which I liked was the day before she left and her voice was only suitable for beedi kind of songs... instead Pooja and Deepali shud have been given more chance they got wonderful voice and even deepali was good performer also apart from being a good singer
~preeti

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was too impressed with Chang since starting (audition round)- rather than singing but his speaking and the hazirijawab he was. And of course his Hindi was far better then most of the participants :P.

Yahi hota hai. Just like me. My Hindi also far better then some of our co-bloggers :P

My Fav were in boy - Amit and girls - Deepali since starting.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Anks said...

so who is your bet?

3:25 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

btw, let me also mention that this post of urs had me nostalgic! yeaa, we caant forget Karunya :)

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also think Amit stands a better chance!
btw, wassaup? all well??

Moonie

12:31 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

the bhandari's - Yes yes, you are first :-)

I think Chang was everyone's favorite. Yea, all three were the winners in some respect. But still, as you said Amit is the find of the Indian Idol :-)

ektaran - I agree with everything you said about Chang. Although, I found Amit better than Chang, so in some ways the voting has been very fair.

His travel blog is awesome and he has written some really good reviews too :-)

10:52 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

the bhandari's - Yea, Emon went out like a winner all the way. I don't know if Amit can win but as an audience, he is my Indian Idol :-)

hope - Achaa bolo matt bas ek pyari se smile de do :-)

payal - You are too late to start watching now, follow it next year :D

10:54 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

reema - This was a surprise for you na :D

I agree that Emon went like a winner. You know, when the Gala started, me and my brother picked one girl and one guy who could win and at that point, Emon was my choice :D

Chang was a revelation of Indian Idol and somehow his personality resembled that of Karunya...don't' you think?

Whatever you say about Ankita, she had some attitude. Deepali was my favorite among girls :D

Amit is my Indian Idol with the maturity of his voice but Prashant is really the dark horse as you said :-)

10:59 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

reema - I am not sure how many singers would be able to make it since there are like 3 musical shows going on and so many good singers but am hopeful that Emon and Amit will make it big :-)

Loved your comment, so passionate. Emon na ho gaya pata nahin kya ho gaya :P

the bhandari's - Yea, even I found Deepali and Charu better than Ankita but then her attitude was something to be admired. I agree with you about Deepali, she was getting better as a performer.

11:12 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

juneli - Yea, he was the instant favorite of everyone it seems.

Amit and Deepali were my favorite too :D

Hindi toh aapki sachi main bahut achee hain :-)

anks - Hard to bet but if it only on the basis of singing and not socio-economic condition then, Amit :-)

11:18 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

reema - Indian Idol is special to me for more than one reasons... :-)

moonie - Yes. I am good, how and where have you been? Good to see you back :-)

11:20 PM  
Blogger hope said...

ufff poori thesis likh di aapne to champ :P

11:58 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

hope - Bas aise hee hain hum toh :D

12:10 AM  
Blogger hope said...

Emon na ho gaya pata nahin kya ho gaya :P

matlab?? arey till when we have to tell u this champ? Emon Emon hai aur kya..

uffff why are you so j... of him :P


*looks for a place to hide*

2:15 AM  
Blogger Marlee said...

Im so lost here...no TV! no idea abt the show...When u say they are frm the East, it made me happy!
:-D Say wat u want I dont care!
:-p
Chang: Since U guys have been praising him no end, I went to his Blog n he's CUTE!!! I think i've found my latest crush...LOL!!!

:-P

11:25 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

Chang had an attitude that showed how sure he was of himself; yep, very Karunya-ish! Deepali's a good one.. but i dint really have any female favourite's in the gala :p i really liked Aisha though.. she came for the wild card performance! iv been an Emon supporter from the start to the end.. :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

.. n Rubaru was sooo boring today! *yawn*

11:39 AM  
Blogger fursat said...

hope - Huh, bada aaya Emon :P

I am J of him coz my name starts with J na (keep guessing my 'real' name) :P

Chalo niklo table ke neeche se :D

marlee - One of them is from Shillong, the other one from Darjeeling and the one who got voted off was from Kolkatta :-)

:| I thought you liked 'Limca' more than 'Crush'..ok ok PJ ;)

10:25 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

reema - Bas aap jaise ladkiyon ke karan he koi ladki nahin jeetee...he he

I remember Aisha, she was cute :)

I will watch Rubaroo later :D

10:27 PM  
Blogger Reema said...

watteverrr! dun watch it.. no point! :S

11:51 AM  
Blogger fursat said...

reema - I didn't :D

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ricky,

Now I did re-read your post.

How true your guess and reasoning was about Prashant - the Indian Idol !!


Apart from your black background of blog, loved your write-ups ;)

Keep it buddy - May God Bless you.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home